- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
20" Chau Gong on Wuhan Gong Stand with Mallet
Why buy your Chau Gongs from The Gong Shop? Because we travel to Wuhan, China and hand select each of our Chau Gongs we offer for sale, insuring the highest quality gongs available. Take a at look the stock of the gongs we have to choose from in Wuhan, the gong furnace where the gong castings are heated til they turn red, and the HUGE hammering...
20" Chau Gong with Beater
20" Chau Gong with Beater Chau Gongs, also called Tam-Tams, are one of the most familiar looking Chinese gongs. The Chau Gong produces a full and sustained wash of musical overtones. It's a centerpiece in the home, office, concert hall or outdoors. The Chau Gong has a rim around the outside edge with a very distinctive bullseye in the center. Yo...
20" Wind Gong with Beater
The 20" Wind Gong is a beautiful and brilliant sounding instrument and produces an amazing rush of musical overtones. The Wind Gong's presence quickly becomes the focus of any indoor or outdoor space, and their sound is both exhilarating and calming at the same time. The shimmering sound of wind gongs has rich traditional roots in meditatio...
The Gong Shop Chau Gongs
The Gong Shop Chau Gongs The Gong Shop Chau Gongs are hand-selected in China from 100s of gongs available and come in many different sizes from 6 inches all the way up to 80 inches. We strive to select gongs that have a balanced combination of fundamental tone and crash at all dynamics. We reserve the thicker gongs for sound healing and the sli...