- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
The Gong Shop Chau Gongs
The Gong Shop Chau Gongs The Gong Shop Chau Gongs are hand-selected in China from 100s of gongs available and come in many different sizes from 6 inches all the way up to 80 inches. We strive to select gongs that have a balanced combination of fundamental tone and crash at all dynamics. We reserve the thicker gongs for sound healing and the sli...