- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
12" Chau Gong with Beater
The Chau Gong is a very elegant and distinctive gong that produces a full and sustained wash of musical overtones. Its beauty and its traditional appearance make it a centerpiece in any space, indoors or outdoors. The Chinese Chau Gong dates from the Han Dynasty where it was used for spiritual drumming, large meetings, and to announce the proce...
12" Tiger Gong with Beater
The 12" Tiger Gong has a descending pitch when struck. In Chinese opera, gongs of various sizes are used to coordinate the action as well as the position and personality of each character as the plot develops. Traditionally made, each Tiger Gong requires multi-directional lathing and hand hammering to reach its final form. A product of true cr...
12" Wind Gong with Beater
The 12" Wind Gong is a beautiful and brilliant sounding instrument and produces an amazing rush of musical overtones. The Wind Gong's presence quickly becomes the focus of any indoor or outdoor space, and their sound is both exhilarating and calming at the same time. The shimmering sound of wind gongs has rich traditional roots in meditation a...
12" Wuhan Chau Gong with Mallet
Wuhan Chau Gongs are the first choice of the world's leading symphonies. Its one piece cast, hand-hammered construction is crafted in century-old tradition. In addition, gongs are appearing in a variety of musical venues to add depth and special effects. Try combining your talent with a Wuhan Gong and be amazed at what you create!