- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
60" Chau Gong with Beater
The 60" Chau Gong is a very elegant and distinctive gong that produces a full and sustained wash of musical overtones. Its beauty and its traditional appearance make it a centerpiece in any space, indoors or outdoors. The Chinese Chau Gong dates from the Han Dynasty where it was used for spiritual drumming, large meetings, and to announce the p...