- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
13" Tiger Gong with Beater
The 13" Tiger Gong has a descending pitch when struck. In Chinese opera, gongs of various sizes are used to coordinate the action as well as the position and personality of each character as the plot develops. Traditionally made, each Tiger Gong requires multi-directional lathing and hand hammering to reach its final form. A product of true cr...