The Gong Shop hand-selects nearly all of our Chinese Gongs in Wuhan, China. Yes, we actually travel to Wuhan, China and visit all the gong factories in Wuhan to hand-pick our Chinese Gongs which allows us to offer you the highest quality gongs available.
We select our Chinese Gongs for optimal tone, with no sizzle or buzzing sounds, and leave the rest for non-discriminating dealers.
Chinese Gongs come in many varieties:
- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
NARROW YOUR RESULT by selecting a type of Chinese Gong.
09" Hand Opera Gong with Beater Low Pitch
The Hand Gong is an ascending gong; the gong rises in pitch when struck. The 9"/22.5cm Low Pitch Hand Gong is the lowest sounding Hand Gong. 9" Hand Opera Gong includes a gong mallet.