- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
07" Bao Gong with Beater
The 7" Bao Gong is very different from other gongs in that it features a raised boss, or nipple, in the center. For this reason they are often referred to as nipple gongs. Bao Gongs have a very clear beautiful tone without much of the shimmer found in other gongs. In fact they have more of a bell sound with a distinctive pitch while still produ...
07" Chau Gong with Beater
The Chau Gong is a very elegant and distinctive gong that produces a full and sustained wash of musical overtones. Its beauty and its traditional appearance make it a centerpiece in any space, indoors or outdoors. The Chinese Chau Gong dates from the Han Dynasty where it was used for spiritual drumming, large meetings, and to announce the proce...
07" Wind Gong with Beater
The 7" Wind Gong is a beautiful and brilliant sounding instrument and produces an amazing rush of musical overtones. The Wind Gong's presence quickly becomes the focus of any indoor or outdoor space, and their sound is both exhilarating and calming at the same time. The shimmering sound of wind gongs has rich traditional roots in meditation an...