The Gong Shop hand-selects nearly all of our Chinese Gongs in Wuhan, China. Yes, we actually travel to Wuhan, China and visit all the gong factories in Wuhan to hand-pick our Chinese Gongs which allows us to offer you the highest quality gongs available.
We select our Chinese Gongs for optimal tone, no sizzle or buzzing sounds, and we leave the rest to non-discrimnating dealers.
Chinese Gongs come in many varieties:
- Bao Gongs - thick gongs with a protruding nipple - very focused tone, not much crash or wash
- Chau Gongs - traditional Chinese Gong - combination of fundamental tone and crash/wash
- Opera Gongs - smaller, high pitched gongs for Chinese Opera - ascends or descends in pitch when struck
- Tiger Gongs - smaller gongs with lots of crash
- Wind Gongs - thinner gongs with a huge wash of sound
NARROW YOUR RESULT by selecting a type of Chinese Gong.
04" Yun Gong with Beater
The 4" Yun Gong is our smallest gong and is made with traditional methods by artisans in China from a bronze alloy which is roughly 80% copper and 20% tin. Includes small gong mallet.